This is a staple at a lot of Seventh-day Adventist church potlucks. It is really best if you use the Special K cereal, even if it is a bit more expensive, for many reasons, taste only being one of the reasons.
Special K Cottage Cheese Loaf
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 Tbls Vegetable Stock (either homemade or from McKay’s Seasoning)
1 Tbls soy sauce
3 beaten eggs
1/4 cup milk (or soy milk or non-dairy creamer)
1 cup cottage cheese
3-5 cups Special K Cereal
1/4 cup pecan meal, ground fine (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Heat the butter or margarine in a pan
3. Sauté the garlic and onions until cooked
4. Add the celery to the pan and sauté until soft
5. Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl
6. Add the sautéed vegetables to the bowl
7. Let the cereal get a little soggy (about 5 minutes)
8. Place in a generously greased baking pan. It should be 1-3″ deep.
9. Bake for 1 – 1 1/2 hours
10. Let rest 10 min., then turn onto plate and cut the loaf into 2×2″ squares
Serve this just like you would a meat loaf with your favorite sides. Yum-yum!!